jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: FYI: Moving session-related classes to o.a.j.core.session
Date Mon, 17 May 2010 12:10:58 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 11:34 AM, Thomas Müller <thomas.mueller@day.com> wrote:
>> These unrelated classes are mostly things like RepositoryImpl,
>> TransientRepository, RepositoryCopier, etc. to which many external
>> codebases are linking, so we can't move them.
>
> SessionImpl is used in my applications as well.

I was thinking of leaving simple compatibility wrappers like

    @deprecated
    public class SessionImpl extends o.a.j.core.session.SessionImpl { ... }

in o.a.j.core for at least SessionImpl, NodeImpl and PropertyImpl.
This should cover the needs of applications that use casts to these
classes.

The alternative approach to moving these classes to a separate package
is to move most of their internals to separate classes like a
SessionState where we can better control concurrent access to
per-session resources. However, I would prefer to start by moving the
classes since that is a much lower-risk operation that already helps
quite a bit.

BR,

Jukka Zitting