jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Müller <thomas.muel...@day.com>
Subject Re: FYI: Moving session-related classes to o.a.j.core.session
Date Mon, 17 May 2010 12:25:05 GMT
Hi,

As far as I understand, you want to move the classes so we can add
checkstyle / PMD constraints, and more easily ensure every method call
from an external class is synchronized. I think that's fine.

Having the 'proxy' classes sounds like a solution for the backward
compatibility concerns (not the "perfect" solution, but a good
solution for Jackrabbit 2). For Jackrabbit 3 I hope people will not
directly cast to implementation classes any longer.

Regards,
Thomas