jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [jr3] Jackrabbit 3 in trunk
Date Fri, 14 May 2010 10:13:55 GMT
Hi,

On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 8:25 AM, Angela Schreiber <anchela@day.com> wrote:
> and i don't fully understand your arguments for the move: reuse
> of existing code is achieved by adding dependencies to other
> modules in either way, isn't it?

I believe there will be many cases where some refactoring of existing
jackrabbit-core classes is needed for them to be easily reusable in
jackrabbit-j3. It'll be easier to handle such refactorings when both
codebases are within the same svn root. Currently Thomas has just been
copying relevant parts of jackrabbit-core code.

> and furthermore, i don't understand why a sandbox project wasn't
> easily available...

I'm hoping to eliminate the extra steps of the separate svn checkout,
maven build and IDE setup. For example, how many of us have even
checked out and built the jackrabbit-j3 component so far? (Hint, the
default maven build hasn't worked for the last three weeks.)

> my criteria for a move into trunk would rather be: this prototype isn't
> a prototype any more and we feel comfortable to include it into your
> regular release cycle.

Good point. Thomas, what's your feeling about the codebase?

BR,

Jukka Zitting