jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: [jr3] Jackrabbit 3 in trunk
Date Fri, 14 May 2010 13:21:48 GMT
On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 08:25, Angela Schreiber <anchela@day.com> wrote:
> not sure... i have the impression that it is too early to move
> the prototype out of the sandbox.
>
> and i don't fully understand your arguments for the move: reuse
> of existing code is achieved by adding dependencies to other
> modules in either way, isn't it? and furthermore, i don't understand
> why a sandbox project wasn't easily available... my criteria for a
> move into trunk would rather be: this prototype isn't a prototype any
> more and we feel comfortable to include it into your regular release
> cycle.

I agree. Putting it in the trunk and including it in upcoming 2.x
releases will be rather confusing for users at the moment. We should
only put this in the normal release cycle when we can be confident
that it works more or less stable. I fear that when people hear about
the improvements it should finally bring, they will try it out and
will be disappointed if it's not finished yet.

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek