jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@day.com>
Subject Re: [jr3] Jackrabbit 3 in trunk
Date Fri, 14 May 2010 06:25:02 GMT
hi jukka

> Thomas has done some nice work with the jackrabbit-j3 prototype in the
> sandbox. To make this codebase easily available to other developers
> and to allow better reuse of existing Jackrabbit code and integration
> with things like jackrabbit-standalone, I propose that we move the
> component from the sandbox to Jackrabbit trunk. This means that the
> component would be included as a technology preview in future 2.x
> releases and that we'd include it in our normal continuous integration
> builds. The downside is the increased build time in trunk.

not sure... i have the impression that it is too early to move
the prototype out of the sandbox.

and i don't fully understand your arguments for the move: reuse
of existing code is achieved by adding dependencies to other
modules in either way, isn't it? and furthermore, i don't understand
why a sandbox project wasn't easily available... my criteria for a
move into trunk would rather be: this prototype isn't a prototype any
more and we feel comfortable to include it into your regular release
cycle.

regards
angela