jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Paul Jara (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Commented: (JCR-2433) NPE when copying nodes with Workspace.copy()
Date Fri, 28 May 2010 03:22:38 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-2433?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=12872812#action_12872812
] 

Paul Jara commented on JCR-2433:
--------------------------------

The original problem seems to be addressed which is good news. Another problem, which might
not be related to this one, appears to have cropped up in its place however. Our CMS grinds
to a halt and stops serving up requests. The problem seems to have started since I deployed
the new JackRabbit JARs to the production servers. In the past couple of weeks, our servers
have only been able to run for a few days at most before one of them just stops serving requests
(Tomcat takes the request but never actually sends a response). Is there anything in those
nightly 1.6.2-SNAPSHOTs that may have contributed to this problem? There doesn't appear to
be anything in the server logs that is helping me diagnose the problem. But when I go to shutdown
Tomcat, I get a bunch of messages like this in the catalina.out:

"INFO: Waiting for N instance(s) to be deallocated" where N is some large number like >100.

I was notified tonight that our website was "down". We have a couple of servers and each Tomcat
instance had stopped serving requests. So on each server, I stopped Tomcat, deleted all the
JackRabbit indexes for each workspace associated with our CMS, and restarted. Upon the restart
on both servers, I got a slew of these messages:

"A property claimed to start before zero, at -512! Resetting it to zero, and hoping for the
best"

However, I restarted again and everything seems back to normal. Do you think this fix and
the problem I'm now seeing are related? Or is it just some bad luck that the problem seems
to have begun around the time that we found a fix here?

> NPE when copying nodes with Workspace.copy()
> --------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: JCR-2433
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-2433
>             Project: Jackrabbit Content Repository
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: jackrabbit-core
>    Affects Versions: 1.6.0
>            Reporter: Sascha Theves
>            Assignee: Jukka Zitting
>            Priority: Blocker
>             Fix For: 1.6.2
>
>
> I get a NullpointerException when using Workspace.copy():
> java.lang.NullPointerException
> at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.BatchedItemOperations.copyNodeState(BatchedItemOperations.java:1834)
> at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.BatchedItemOperations.copyNodeState(BatchedItemOperations.java:1806)
> at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.BatchedItemOperations.copyNodeState(BatchedItemOperations.java:1806)
> at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.BatchedItemOperations.copy(BatchedItemOperations.java:423)
> at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.WorkspaceImpl.internalCopy(WorkspaceImpl.java:444)
> at org.apache.jackrabbit.core.WorkspaceImpl.copy(WorkspaceImpl.java:666)
> at xxx.MyClass.myMeth(MyClass.java)
> It seems that it happens not all the time. The error occurs since we use Jackrabbit 1.6.0.
We do not get the error with previous versions. It seems that we only get the error when trying
to copy nodes that were created with Jackrabbit 1.4 and copied with Jackrabbit 1.6.

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message