jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject No more Confluence
Date Thu, 22 Apr 2010 09:08:59 GMT
Hi,

In hindsight I feel that the move of the Jackrabbit web site to
Confluence [1,2] has not meet the expectations and goals we set two
years ago. We did get rid of the complex manual site deployment
process, but otherwise the move to Confluence has done little to help
our web site. The autoexport setup is quite inflexible and prone to
breakage (we've now had two occasions of code listings getting
broken), and the site deployment time has actually increased from the
time we stored the site in svn. Finally the site change notifications
still don't come as diffs like what we had with svn.

So I'm wondering whether we should ditch Confluence and switch back to
publishing the site via svn and leveraging our MoinMoin wiki for all
the things where browser-based editing is desired.

[1] http://markmail.org/message/ff5rpy2wuj62rmxt
[2] http://markmail.org/message/kbudkutoxz3j5nal

BR,

Jukka Zitting