jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Moving backwards compatibility tests to trunk
Date Thu, 29 Apr 2010 09:57:10 GMT
Hi,

We have a suite of backwards compatibility tests in the Jackrabbit
sandbox at jackrabbit-test-harness/compatibility. It would be great to
include these tests in our normal integrationTesting build profile, so
I'd like to migrate the test suite to the trunk.

For accurate test coverage figures I'd like to include the
compatibility test cases in the jackrabbit-core test suite. The
problem with this is that then we'd need test dependencies on all the
past repository versions.

To avoid those dependencies I'm thinking of simply including binary
copies of past repositories in the src/test/resources directory of
jackrabbit-core. These copies would need to be manually updated
whenever we want to make changes in the backwards compatibility test
data. This is somewhat similar to the pre-generated JavaCC XPath
grammar we have in jackrabbit-spi-commons.

Our trunk is currently about 32MB in size, and the proposed extra
repository files would increase this to about 36MB. I suppose this
won't be a problem to anyone.

BR,

Jukka Zitting