jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Moving backwards compatibility tests to trunk
Date Fri, 30 Apr 2010 10:23:52 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 12:29 PM, Thomas Müller <thomas.mueller@day.com> wrote:
> An alternative is: download the old Jackrabbit jar files when running
> the tests (download the jar files dynamically when required, for
> example to the target directory), and then load them using a custom
> class loader, or create the old repository in a separate process.

In the compatibility test suite we already have something like this
with separate Maven projects for each past Jackrabbit version.

The problem isn't creating the old repositories for use in the
backwards compatibility test. It's about making those repositories
available to the jackrabbit-core build without complicating the build
with a lot of extra test dependencies.

BR,

Jukka Zitting