jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Ivo Kolev <ivailoko...@dir.bg>
Subject Re: AccessManager in Jackrabbit v1.5
Date Mon, 12 Apr 2010 11:35:18 GMT

Hallo,

I need help on this Jackrabbit AccessManager.
I have custome AccessManager, providing access security based on the logged
account and the permissions an account has. Basically, the permissions apply
over a folder (kind of) - one can see a folder, put some items in it, edit
these items, etc. The type of items a folder can accomodate is also part of
the security.

My problem in particular concerns the creation of item in some folder. In
this case, AccessManager.isGranted(path, perm) is called to resolve the
access. I'm trying to get the new-created item from the session in order to
check its type and if it is applicable to the folder security settings. This
is done through ItemManager and HierarchyManager. The call gets back to
AccessManager.isGranted asking for read permission. Eventually, I'm getting
into a dead loop.

For the other operations I'm using session impersonation with some super
account, having read permission everywhere.

So, does anyone can help with this? I guess I'm not the first fighting this
problem. Thanks.

Cheers, Ivo Kolev