jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Guo Du <mrdu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [jr3] Store journal as nodes
Date Fri, 12 Mar 2010 12:22:46 GMT
On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 10:52 AM, Thomas Müller <thomas.mueller@day.com> wrote:
>> cluster host information.
> What is that exactly?
In case of cluster db journal, the hostname of db connection.

>> Configuration should be editable without boot the repository.
> Why?
Again, for db store, if db host changes after repository shutdown, we
should be able to config the repository to use a different db host.
Like we can change in current repository.xml.

> One reason is that possibly affects multiple cluster nodes (fulltext
> index configuration, workspace names, security, data store
> configuration, cluster configuration, node type registry). Would you
> rather copy the changed XML configuration files manually to all other
> cluster nodes when there are changes?
It's a feature of some application server to manage cluster
configurations. Nice to have if doesn't cost too much. I would prefer
leave the complicity out of default standalone deployment.

-Guo