jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Guo Du <mrdu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [jr3] Store journal as nodes
Date Fri, 12 Mar 2010 10:43:12 GMT
On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 10:29 AM, Thomas Müller <thomas.mueller@day.com> wrote:
> The rest of the configuration (fulltext index configuration for
> example, workspace names, security, data store configuration, cluster
> configuration, node type registry) should be in the repository (as
Configuration should be editable without boot the repository. Even we
store in repository, we should have easy way to override without boot
the repository. Such as cluster host information.

> system nodes) in the normal case. This is to simplify the system and
> to make configuration changes transactional.
Why we need configuration change transactional? It doesn't make sense
to make security configuration change transactional because normally
we edit the configuration when repository is offline.

-Guo