jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Guo Du <mrdu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [jr3] Micro-kernel vs. new persistence
Date Thu, 04 Mar 2010 13:30:25 GMT
On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 12:21 PM, Thomas Müller <thomas.mueller@day.com> wrote:
> I think the storage API should support some kind of "storage session"
> (normally one storage session for each JCR session). For a relational
> database, such a session could map to a database connection.

I think the session.save() should be transactional and bounded to storage
transactional control API if available. In this case jdbc connection
transaction.

Because jdbc transaction has different isolation level, it may not
safe to share
the connections between jcr sessions. Any one see the problem/drawback to
use a connections pool and use a jdbc connection per jcr session?

> features for a new "default" high-performance (excuse me for that
> term) persistence implementation (eg. what indexes to use, transaction
I am not too much concern with the performance if it's not terrible bad
compare with what we have now. That's the price we paid for the feature
we got. User may look for other technology to meet their performance
if it's a problem.

-Guo