jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: [jr3] Store journal as nodes
Date Mon, 15 Mar 2010 13:45:47 GMT
On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 10:22, Thomas Müller <thomas.mueller@day.com> wrote:
> Currently the journal (cluster journal and event journal) is stored
> using a separate storage mechanism.
>
> I think it should be stored using the 'normal' storage mechanism.
>
> Advantages:
> - Simplifies the architecture (specially for clustering)
> - Events and node data are in the same transaction, which improves
> reliability and performance

Generally I am in favor of that, but I have one question: wasn't the
journal added to be separate from the persistence manager
implementation and allow for a "fast" exchange of master/slave node
information and latest revisions? Or is this separation not useful?

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek