jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Müller <thomas.muel...@day.com>
Subject Re: [jr3] MicroKernel prototype
Date Wed, 17 Mar 2010 09:34:12 GMT

> In your opinion, which part make the most of performance contribution?

It's hard to say. I would rather spend my time to work on the
prototype than to find out. To keep the prototype fast, it's important
to always check performance. I guess we didn't always do that for
Jackrabbit unfortunately. By the way, if you use a slower persistence
layer then the gain will be much less.

> Does prototype have similar cache size.

Both Jackrabbit and the prototype use about 20 MB at the end of the
run. The prototype uses a weak reference map (so does the current
Jackrabbit as far as I know) and doesn't have to read data from the
persistence layer. The current Jackrabbit does read, not sure why. If
I disable this cache in the prototype, the test takes 0.24 seconds
instead of 0.2 seconds.

View raw message