jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Müller <thomas.muel...@day.com>
Subject Re: [jr3] Store journal as nodes
Date Mon, 15 Mar 2010 15:04:47 GMT
Hi,

> wasn't the journal added to be separate from the persistence manager
> implementation and allow for a "fast" exchange of master/slave node
> information and latest revisions? Or is this separation not useful?

I'm not sure what the reasons for the current implementation were. Of
course the even journal needs to be fast. However, the "persistence
manager" (main storage, whatever we want to call it) also needs to be
fast.

If it is possible to use the same storage mechanism for both
persistent data and the journal, then that would simplify the
architecture (also with regards to transactions). If this is a
problem, we will use a separate mechanism.

Regards,
Thomas