jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Müller <thomas.muel...@day.com>
Subject Re: [jr3] Store journal as nodes
Date Fri, 12 Mar 2010 10:52:06 GMT
Hi,

> cluster host information.

What is that exactly?

> Configuration should be editable without boot the repository.

Why?

> Even we store in repository, we should have easy way to override without boot
> the repository.

Yes, that would be an option: settings in
RepositoryFactory.getRepository(Map parameters) could override the
configuration stored in the repository.

> Why we need configuration change transactional?

One reason is that possibly affects multiple cluster nodes (fulltext
index configuration, workspace names, security, data store
configuration, cluster configuration, node type registry). Would you
rather copy the changed XML configuration files manually to all other
cluster nodes when there are changes?

> It doesn't make sense to make security configuration change transactional because normally
we edit the configuration when repository is offline.

*Currently* you do, because there is no other way.

Regards,
Thomas