jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Müller <thomas.muel...@day.com>
Subject Re: [jr3] Store journal as nodes
Date Fri, 12 Mar 2010 10:29:43 GMT
Hi,

> (except logging

Yes, I think SLF4J is fine

> and configuration, probably

Some information need to be available when the repository is
constructed, or at the latest when logging in: What storage backend to
use, and how to connect to the storage backend.

The rest of the configuration (fulltext index configuration for
example, workspace names, security, data store configuration, cluster
configuration, node type registry) should be in the repository (as
system nodes) in the normal case. This is to simplify the system and
to make configuration changes transactional.

There may be a ways to override that (for example when constructing
the repository object), but that should be the exception. I think it
doesn't make sense to keep the xml configuration files.

> What do you mean by "'normal' storage mechanism" ?

I mean the data should be stored in the same place as the node data.
Unless we find it is a performance problem, I would try to store the
events as "node bundles" of some kind (possibly multiple events plus
regular nodes in the same bundle). For the "micro kernel" it could
look exactly like a normal node.

> Is it nodes and properties, in which case I fear further performance issues in this area.

If it does turn out to be a performance problem, we will change it of course.

Regards,
Thomas