jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Ian Boston <...@tfd.co.uk>
Subject Usermanager performance in 1.6, question.
Date Sat, 06 Mar 2010 11:41:27 GMT
Hi,
I am seeing slow performance in Sling based on Jackrabbit 1.6. (not quite Sling trunk Head)
The slow performance has been tracked down to the IndexNodeResolver user by the UserManagerImpl.
We have 10K + users, and may need to cope with upto 4M
The problem hits worst when the user does not exist in the space managed by UserManagerImpl.

Question:
Do the changes made in JR2 under [1][2] remove the structure whereby users were nested and
hence eliminate the need to perform expensive queries ?

I have looked at the code, but its not clear to me if the the various find* operations are
as fast as direct node lookup (eg session.exists(calculatedUserNodePath)), or even if thats
a viable alternative.

Thanks
Ian

1 https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-2199