jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@day.com>
Subject Re: UserManager API strangeness
Date Thu, 11 Mar 2010 11:14:14 GMT
hi

> What strikes me is, that to actually persist changes made by the
> UserManager, the Session.save() method must be called. IMHO for a proper
> level of alignment, the UserManager should probably be extended with
> save() and rollback() methods.

i don't think this is required.

JSR 283 defines other managers that need their changes persisted
using Session.save() (e.g. AccessControlManager and RetentionManager),
which are both obtained from the Session similar to the UserManager.
(in contrast to those managers that are obtained from Workspace
  that do NOT require a session.save).

the real problem is that we originally had a UserManager
that stored the changes in a separate workspace in which case
there is no way to persist the changes with a call to save()
on the session you obtained the user manager from. and for
backwards-compatibility i didn't want to drop that old
user manager... that's about it and the only reason for
adding the autosave functionality....

angela