jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Dürig <michael.due...@day.com>
Subject Re: [jr3] Exception Handling
Date Mon, 01 Mar 2010 11:03:23 GMT
Dominique Pfister wrote:
> I wouldn't call it error code, then: every time something changes
> either in the calling code or in the code throwing the exception,
> you'll get a different hash code.

Agreed, the stack trace might be too unstable. But I still like the idea
of using something cryptic for error codes. To see what I mean try
Googling for "error 1" and "error 0x800cccff". The second query gives
much more precise results.

OTOH it needn't be the error code. We could also include it just at what
it is, a hash tag.

Michael