jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Guo Du <mrdu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [jr3] Plugin architecture
Date Thu, 18 Feb 2010 12:53:03 GMT
On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 12:07 PM, Alexander Klimetschek
<aklimets@day.com> wrote:
> The import/export XML methods are part of the JCR spec, so we cannot
> easily change their well-defined behavior. Instead, to support large
> dumps or backups, we should define an API at a lower level, that also
> ignores type and constraint checking to improve speed (if you know
> your dump is valid), like it is possible in many RDBMS.
I mean JCR aware import/export, data could be moved from one
repository to another as a whole or partial, their back end persistent
manager could be different.

Of course, backup/restore is another story and is much more fast on
RDBMS level :)

-Guo