jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Guo Du <mrdu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit 3: repository requirements
Date Tue, 09 Feb 2010 22:04:03 GMT
On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 3:55 PM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
> Now that Jackrabbit 2.0 is out and the major JCR 2.0 feature work is
> done, it's time to start looking ahead at Jackrabbit 3. We've talked
> about this a bit already at Day and I'll be posting a summary of our
> ideas for further discussion, but before that I'd like to frame the
> discussion by getting a better picture of the range of requirements
> we'll be having for Jackrabbit 3.

In additional to the exist list, I would like to see Jackrabbit
improve on following aspect.

Architecture for modular design
* Other way to configure repository than repository.xml.
* Get implementation/resource/service from OSGi environment

* Scale to complexity. Add graph style operation, e.g. a blog post may
have multiple path to retrieve: date, author, tag.

Connector interface to other system
* Expose other system via jcr api. e.g. S3, google, source control system.

Looking forward to V3.

View raw message