jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Foltzer <acfolt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Clojure JCR Bindings Interest Check
Date Thu, 18 Feb 2010 01:02:08 GMT
Since I've only ever submitted one patch to an ASF project, I'll go ahead
and use GitHub for now. I've been meaning to properly learn Git anyway, so
that'll be good motivation. Once the shape comes together, it could always
be moved.

As for the actual artifact, the clojure-contrib-sql API seems to be a good
reference: http://richhickey.github.com/clojure-contrib/sql-api.html

Interacting with JCR is more involved than using a JDBC connection, of
course, but I think a lot of the same patterns could be used to access basic
functionality. A form like with-connection (in the linked doc) could be a
wrapper around javax.jcr.RepositoryFactory and JNDI that fluidly binds a
repository, for example.

Your idea of implementing RangeIterators with seqs is very cool; checking
the Jackrabbit javadoc reveals that the implementation is already lazy, so
this wouldn't be as big of a leap as I thought at first.

Of course, other nice "big-leap" ideas are very welcome. I apologize if this
is a bit off-topic for this list, but having more experience with Lisps than
JCR, all of your insights are invaluable.

Thanks,
Adam Foltzer