jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: [jr3] Plugin architecture
Date Thu, 18 Feb 2010 12:07:41 GMT
On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 12:54, Guo Du <mrduguo@gmail.com> wrote:
>> First of all, I would define an API for configuration changes. This
>> API could be the regular JCR API, and the configuration could be
>> stored in special "system" nodes.
> There are two kind of configuration apart from user data:node
> definition and repository definition.
> It's good to store node definition inside the repository and api to
> manage changes. But the repository configuration shouldn't go inside
> repository. Think about store db connection username/password inside
> repository.

Right.

>> Extensibility of the importXML and exportDocumentView methods come to mind.
> It may worth to redefine how we import/export. Xml should just be one
> of format we support. I am not confident to use xml to export/import
> GB/TB size data. ContentHandler could responsible for how the data
> should be export/imported.

The import/export XML methods are part of the JCR spec, so we cannot
easily change their well-defined behavior. Instead, to support large
dumps or backups, we should define an API at a lower level, that also
ignores type and constraint checking to improve speed (if you know
your dump is valid), like it is possible in many RDBMS.

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek