jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: [jr3] Flat hierarchy
Date Thu, 18 Feb 2010 11:57:56 GMT
On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 12:34, Thomas Müller <thomas.mueller@day.com> wrote:
> I would also use a b-tree structure. If a node has too many child
> nodes, two new "invisible internal nodes" are created, and the list of
> child nodes is split up. Those internal nodes wouldn't have any
> properties.

You mean a b-tree for each node? I think this could be a separate
index, but one for the whole tree.

> If the user changes the child node order (manually re-ordered the
> nodes), then the sort order is broken. Then the path lookup has to
> scan through all nodes. While that's much slower, I think it's
> acceptable.

I think supporting fast path lookups for orderable child nodes is a
bit more important than flat hierarchies, at least for CMS
applications. So we should make it fast in that case as well.

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek