jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: Clustering Configuration Clarification
Date Fri, 12 Feb 2010 11:46:44 GMT
On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 09:57, craig.schaefer
<craig.schaefer@prodyna.com> wrote:
> However in the section "Persistence Manager Configuration" it states:
>
> "The file system blob store does not support clustering, because it uses a
> local directory. "
>
> after talking about how a PM uses either internal or external (aka
> DataStore) storage for BLOBs.
>
> I assume the statement is more like:
> "The file system blob store (FileDataStore) ONLY supports clustering when
> hosted on an NFS".

No, I think this is right. The persistence manager blob store is not
the same as the datastore and it does not use it at all. Blob store
simply means the persistence manager stores binaries in its local
directory (and not in the db, for example). It was an older
optimization that is now supposed to be replaced by the better
DataStore. Because of the local nature, the pm blob store is not
cluster-aware, whereas a DataStore is. Internally DataStore is handled
on a "higher" level, the PM blob store is an internal feature of some
PMs.

Regards,
Alex

--