jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: Jackrabbit 3: repository requirements
Date Wed, 10 Feb 2010 14:16:45 GMT

See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-1438

> * Get implementation/resource/service from OSGi environment

There is some stuff happening wrt to LoginModules in Sling. And it
should be done alongside JCR-1438. I added a note to the bug.

> Scalability
> * Scale to complexity. Add graph style operation, e.g. a blog post may
> have multiple path to retrieve: date, author, tag.

Did you look at shareable nodes in JCR 2.0?

I think Jackrabbit should be careful and not add new API-level
features that are not standardized.

> Connector interface to other system
> * Expose other system via jcr api. e.g. S3, google, source control system.

This is something for which jcr spi is intended for. The jcr2spi
provides the transient client implementation and you "only" have to
implement the simpler spi interface. Also, via spi a lot of common
stuff (node type templates, namespace parsing, etc.) is already
available to simplify implementation from scratch.

I don't think this is necessarily important for jackrabbit core.

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek