jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: [jr3] Node types
Date Fri, 19 Feb 2010 15:30:32 GMT

I think we wouldn't even have to restrict the callback to a single
object, but just keep it simple.

something like that

public void transactionCommitted(TransactionId id);

given the mvcc support of the micro-kernel, a listener could then
re-construct the changes to the previous transaction using regular
micro-kernel read API.

On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 11:53, Thomas Müller <thomas.mueller@day.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>> Which makes observation listeners an integral part of the microkernel, btw.
> The microkernel would only need to support one "callback object"
> (listener is probably the wrong word, because it is also called for
> read operations). This one would then call (and allow to register)
> regular JCR observation listeners. It would also deal with / delegate
> security, constraint checking like node type, and so on.
> I'm not sure who should be able to write to the node type system. It
> would be great if any session (with sufficient access rights) can,
> because that would simplify clustering. The 'node type system' would
> then just listen for changes on those nodes (and possibly revert those
> changes if they don't make sense - rolling back that transaction).
> Regards,
> Thomas

View raw message