jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: [jr3] Search index in content
Date Fri, 19 Feb 2010 09:53:06 GMT
On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 13:22, Alexander Klimetschek <aklimets@day.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 08:39, Thomas Müller <thomas.mueller@day.com> wrote:
>> For me, there are two kinds of indexes: the property/value indexes,
>> and the fulltext index.
>
> The difficulty is that JCR queries can easily mix the use of both
> indexes, ie. search for a certain node type (property/value index) and
> a fulltext search of its contents.

this would potentially become a major problem because it is nearly
impossible to efficiently evaluate expressions with distinct index
sources. e.g. consider the following simple query:

//element(*, nt:resource)[jcr:contains(., 'frequent-word')

this statement can be evaluated quite efficiently in lucene, but would
probably become an issue when the type constraint and the fulltext
expression come from distinct index structures. the only common
identifier is the node id, which is not necessarily the primary id in
both indices.

regards
 marcel