jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Müller <thomas.muel...@day.com>
Subject Re: [jr3] EventJournal / who merges changes
Date Sat, 27 Feb 2010 11:28:35 GMT

> Multiple threads adding child nodes to the same parent node

Yes, that's an important use case, and should not be a problem problem
for my proposed solution.

> For instance, more than 1 thread calling UserManager.createUser(userId,shardPath(useId))
where shardPath(userId) results in a subtree generated from the userId to reduce contention

If we support large child node lists (automatically split using hidden
inner nodes) then your application would get simpler.

> child nodes are essentially multivalue properties

You are right, internally child nodes are stored in a similar way currently.

View raw message