jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Müller <thomas.muel...@day.com>
Subject Re: [jr3] Flat hierarchy
Date Thu, 18 Feb 2010 20:52:29 GMT
Hi,

> Even without using orderBefore, the specification still requires a stable
> ordering of children for nodes that support orderable child nodes (see 23.1
> of JCR 2.0 spec).

Thanks for the link! I see now my idea violates the specification
which says (23.3) "When a child node is added to a node that has
orderable child nodes it is added to the end of the list." My idea was
to add the child node according to its name (until the order is
changed using "orderBefore").

> One possibility is to limit the use of the B-tree to nodes that do not support orderable
children

You are right. Unfortunately "orderable child nodes" is the default.

Another solution is to keep a linked list from child node entry to
child node entry (only in this case). Let's see how complicated that
is.

By the way "same name siblings" would work fine (no linked list required).

Regards,
Thomas