jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Müller <thomas.muel...@day.com>
Subject Re: [jr3] Plugin architecture
Date Thu, 18 Feb 2010 08:20:17 GMT
Hi,

The configuration should be persisted in the repository itself. Not in
external configuration files.

> * dynamic configuration

First of all, I would define an API for configuration changes. This
API could be the regular JCR API, and the configuration could be
stored in special "system" nodes. On top of that API, those who want
to use OSGi can do that.

Observation listeners (called "triggers" in relational databases) are
currently are not part of the configuration, you always have to add
them after starting the repository. I think there should be a way to
add a "persistent" observation listener that is automatically started
whenever the repository is started.

> Repository and Session lifecycle listeners or transaction boundary checkers

Same as for "trigger".

Regards,
Thomas