jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Müller <thomas.muel...@day.com>
Subject Re: [jr3] One workspace to rule them all
Date Wed, 17 Feb 2010 19:11:48 GMT
Hi,

> The most obvious trouble with this approach is that the node UUIDs
> would no longer be unique within such a super-workspace. I'm not sure
> how to best solve that problem, apart from switching to some
> alternative internal node identifiers. Any ideas?

Use a number (variable size when stored to disk; long in memory) as
the unique node identifier. Anyway we need a way to identify all nodes
for indexing (property/value index). This number would not necessarily
be accessible from the public API however.

I would still keep the UUID for backward compatibility, but only for
referenceable nodes. It would be stored as a (hidden) property.

Regards,
Thomas