jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From <george.sib...@bt.com>
Subject Jackrabbit Apache Derby Database 'Vacuum'
Date Tue, 16 Feb 2010 10:43:08 GMT

I have an jackrabbit housekeeping routine that removes nodes form the
jackrabbit repository. I'm using the out of the box 1.6 jackrabbit web
app deployment, which is using the embedded apache derby 10.2 database.
Although I'm able to remove the nodes successfully, the space allocated
to the data is not being restored to the file system. I have done this
before on databases such as postgres and oracle.

I have found out how to compress the data in the apache derby database
using the instructions stated in the manual -

I just now need to know how I access the embedded apache derby database
using the apache derby ij tool -

Does anyone have any details on how to do this?

George Sibley

View raw message