jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Ard Schrijvers <a.schrijv...@onehippo.com>
Subject Re: [jr3] Restructure Lucene indexing & make use of Lucene 2.9 features
Date Thu, 18 Feb 2010 09:35:57 GMT
On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 5:15 PM, Thomas Müller <thomas.mueller@day.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
>> each property indexed in its own Lucene field
>
> Could you explain in more details? What is a 1:1 mapping? Do you mean
> each property type should have it's own index, or each property name
> should have its own index? Would this not increase the number of
> Lucene index files a lot?

No, I mean that the current implementation is based on a Lucene
version that could not handle infinit number of unique lucene fields
(jcr can have any property name). Therefor, Jackrabbit indexes every
different jcr fieldname in the same lucene field, but prefix the value
with the jackrabbit fieldname. This has quite some disadvantages,
memory loss (terms are cached in lucene and in jackrabbit without the
fieldname prefix), and I think we cannot easily make use of the Lucene
trie range stuff making range queries on dates, doubles and longs
efficient

Regards Ard