jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Ard Schrijvers <a.schrijv...@onehippo.com>
Subject [jr3] Restructure Lucene indexing & make use of Lucene 2.9 features
Date Wed, 17 Feb 2010 15:48:07 GMT
Currently, we index *all* properties into the same Lucene field. There
is an issue for this already [1]. I think we can gain a lot by having
each property indexed in its own Lucene field. This avoids that we
need to do so many custom queries and keep caches of terms ourselves,
which end up in using lots of memory.

Furthermore, if we want to use Lucene 2.9 kind of RangeQueries for
dates, doubles and longs, I think we need to refactor to this 1:1
mapping anyway. Currently, Range queries on let's say 100.000 dates in
jackrabbit are quite/very slow. It however will be a backwards
incompatible move (I mean that existing indexes need to be rebuild),
and I think it touches quite some code.  Also Lucene 2.9 is
incompatible with earlier versions of Lucene

Regards Ard

[1] http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-1080