jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [jr3] Bundle format
Date Tue, 23 Feb 2010 14:03:22 GMT
Hi,

On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 1:16 PM, Thomas Müller <thomas.mueller@day.com> wrote:
> I would like to define a new storage format for nodes and properties.

More generally, I'd like to raise the bundle abstraction to a higher
level. As a first step I'd make the PersistenceManager interface aware
of bundles (i.e. load and store bundles instead of individual node and
property states), and later perhaps replace the item state concept
with bundle states to reduce the number of objects we need to keep
track of.

We might also consider not storing each bundle in a separate record,
instead making a single record of all the bundles included in a
ChangeLog instance. Such super-bundles could perhaps be persisted in
the data store.

> == Name and Namespace Index ==
> [...]
> == Commonly Used String ==