jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [jr3] Node types
Date Fri, 19 Feb 2010 15:41:56 GMT
Hi,

On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 4:30 PM, Marcel Reutegger
<marcel.reutegger@gmx.net> wrote:
> I think we wouldn't even have to restrict the callback to a single
> object, but just keep it simple.
>
> something like that
>
> public void transactionCommitted(TransactionId id);
>
> given the mvcc support of the micro-kernel, a listener could then
> re-construct the changes to the previous transaction using regular
> micro-kernel read API.

I'd go even further and drop the callback mechanism. Instead just have
a method like

    TransactionId getLatestTransaction()

in the persistence layer and have higher level code poll (for
observation listeners, etc.) or explicitly request (for
Repository.login, Session.refresh and Session.save) the latest state
of the repository.

BR,

Jukka Zitting