jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [jr3] Search index in content
Date Wed, 17 Feb 2010 16:39:50 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 4:51 PM, Ard Schrijvers
<a.schrijvers@onehippo.com> wrote:
> Also still, I really doubt about whether it is feasible to implement
> in a performant way

The key performance problem we faced earlier with non-local search
indexes was the lack of efficient random access read to the index
segments. I believe we should be able to solve that issue with
something like a data store implementation that keeps copies of
frequently used records on local disk and offers direct random access
needed to efficiently implement the Lucene IndexInput API.

BR,

Jukka Zitting