jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject [jr3] Unified persistence
Date Wed, 17 Feb 2010 15:33:58 GMT
Hi,

In addition to the search index (that deserves it's own thread), we
have various different mechanisms for persisting repository
information:

    persistence managers for node and property states
    data store for binary properties
    journal for cluster synchronization records
    file system abstraction for various minor things like:
        custom_nodetypes.xml for registered node types
        ns_reg.properties for registered namespaces
        rootUUID file for the root node UUID (essentially a constant)
        workspace.xml for workspace configuration
        locks for open-scoped locks

Most information that we store in the repository is duplicated in at
least two of these locations. Reducing the amount of different storage
formats and mechanisms we use would make a lot of things easier.

Ideally we'd have a single clustered persistence layer that we could
use for all of these things (and the search index).

How can we achieve something like that?

BR,

Jukka Zitting