jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Jackrabbit 3: architectural changes
Date Wed, 17 Feb 2010 15:11:28 GMT
Hi,

Thanks for all the responses to the repository requirements thread
(keep 'em coming)! That's very valuable information when we start
looking deeper at the architectural changes and tradeoffs ahead of us.

The main concepts of the current Jackrabbit 1.x/2x. architecture date
back to almost a decade ago. During that time we've learned a lot more
about how content repositories are best used and implemented, and also
the underlying hardware technology has changed dramatically during
this time. Now that we're done implementing the new features and
changes for JCR 2.0, it's a good time to discuss what we can and
should make to modernize the Jackrabbit architecture.

Instead of a single huge thread, I'm going to fire up a number of
parallel threads on specific ideas related to this. Feel free to add
your own ideas to the mix. Let's use the subject prefix [jr3] to make
these design threads easy to identify.

BR,

Jukka Zitting