jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Edelson <justinedel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [jr3] Plugin architecture
Date Thu, 18 Feb 2010 13:15:22 GMT
On 2/18/10 3:20 AM, Thomas Müller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The configuration should be persisted in the repository itself. Not in
> external configuration files.
>
>> * dynamic configuration
>
> First of all, I would define an API for configuration changes. This
> API could be the regular JCR API, and the configuration could be
> stored in special "system" nodes. On top of that API, those who want
> to use OSGi can do that.
>
> Observation listeners (called "triggers" in relational databases) are
> currently are not part of the configuration, you always have to add
> them after starting the repository. I think there should be a way to
> add a "persistent" observation listener that is automatically started
> whenever the repository is started.

+1. Although I'm not sure that the JCR EventListener interface could be
used for persistent observation listeners. We would probably need a
similar type structure in the o.a.j.api.observation package. For one
thing, I imagine the Event object received by a persistent observation
listener would want/need access to a Session object.

Justin