jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [jr3] Plugin architecture
Date Thu, 18 Feb 2010 12:34:52 GMT
Hi,

On 18.02.2010 05:04, Justin Edelson wrote:
> (Thanks for starting all these discussions...)

+1

>> WDYT? Any other ideas on what we should do in this are?
>
> Assuming this is done with OSGi, it'd be interesting to think about what
> happens when core services (i.e. the PersistenceManager implementation)
> get unregistered at runtime. Felix - have you looked at this in your
> jackrabbit-bundle project?

No, I excluded it. But it is definitely sitting in the back of my head.
The problem with the current architecture is, that it is hard to "stop"
a workspace if its persistence manager is going away.

Granted, theoretically it would be possible, since some internal API is
available, but I didn't yet have time to consider the practical
consequences...

But yes, dynamic "replacement" of persistence managers is definitely one
of the dynamic points -- if JR3 will still have persistence managers ...

Regards
Felix