jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Mat Lowery <mlow...@pentaho.com>
Subject Re: Access Control in Jackrabbit
Date Thu, 25 Feb 2010 17:50:41 GMT
All comments result from my experiences with Jackrabbit 1.6.  Version
1.6 is a weird beast because it contains a full JCR 1.0 implementation
with some JCR 2.0 implementation too.  (But the JCR 2.0 implementation
isn't against the standard JCR 2.0 interfaces.)  So AccessControlManager
(a JCR 2.0 interface) exists in Jackrabbit 1.6 but it doesn't implement
the standard interface.

There is no JCR API for configuring access control logic.  Jackrabbit's
SimpleAccessManager doesn't care about the "target of the user's
request."  Instead, I recommend turning on  DefaultAccessManager and
putting your breakpoint at
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.security.authorization.acl.ACLProvider
$AbstractCompiledPermissions#buildResult(Path).  The Path object is the
"target of the user's request."  This is where ACL decisions are made
with this manager.

AccessControlManager is the JCR 2.0 method of getting and setting the
policy for a given path.  The only policies that I have used are
javax.jcr.security.AccessControlList.  This is a traditional ACL.