jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "craig.schaefer" <craig.schae...@prodyna.com>
Subject Clustering Configuration Clarification
Date Fri, 12 Feb 2010 08:57:51 GMT

Hello JR-Dev

I'm seeking a clarification to the Jackrabbit Wiki page on Clustering.
Specifically DataStore usage. There appears to be conflicting statements.

In the "Overview" section the page states :
"any DataStore (file or DB) is clusterable by its very nature, as they store
content by unique hash ids"

This leads me to conclude that the DataStore is allowed to be deployed as
either FileDataStore OR DbDataStore. The restriction is that the DB or FS
must be globally accessible to all Jackrabbit nodes.  I would conclude then
that hosting the common FileDataStore on NFS is acceptable.

However in the section "Persistence Manager Configuration" it states:

"The file system blob store does not support clustering, because it uses a
local directory. "

after talking about how a PM uses either internal or external (aka
DataStore) storage for BLOBs.

I assume the statement is more like:
"The file system blob store (FileDataStore) ONLY supports clustering when
hosted on an NFS".

Thanks,

Craig