jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Alexander Klimetschek <aklim...@day.com>
Subject Re: Audio/Video streaming
Date Fri, 11 Dec 2009 12:23:06 GMT
On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 11:20, Vadeg <niibasta@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd like to ask, can be jackrabbit used for storing live audio/video
> streams? I've read that JRS-283 supports non-transactional write methods.
> Does anyone has experience in storing live video/audio streams using
> jackrabbit and playing these streams via some mediaplayer?

AFAIK this should work well if you use a FileDataStore. In that case,
you will have a session open as long as you are streaming the data
into the repository. Since this will be a binary property and a
DataStore is used, it will be streamed directly to a file in the
datastore. Once you save the session, this file will become persisted
in the same datastore.

However, I don't know if there is an additional file copy from the
session-temporary version or if it is just a rename.

Also, note that the video stream won't be accessible to other session
unless the session is persisted.

Alexander Klimetschek

View raw message