jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Ard Schrijvers <a.schrijv...@onehippo.com>
Subject Re: Remoting and future of JCR-RMI
Date Tue, 15 Dec 2009 15:21:23 GMT
Hello Jukka,

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 2:52 PM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:

> With enough work we could solve both of the above issues to make
> JCR-RMI work with all combinations of JCR 1.0 and 2.0 clients and
> servers. However I'm not convinced that it makes sense to spend all
> that effort when we now have the WebDAV-based remoting layer that's
> already pretty feature-rich.

I haven't worked with WebDAV since the move of Slide to Jackrabbit,
but I remember there was no support for DASL before. How do other
people query a remote repository over WebDAV?

I also used to think that most developers and users that were
accessing a standalone repository would do so by connecting over RMI
(or does it happen to be webdav?)...we at Hippo do so during
development at least, and use embedded repositories in a production
mode

Regards Ard