jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Remoting and future of JCR-RMI
Date Mon, 14 Dec 2009 15:01:24 GMT
Hi,

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 2:52 PM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:
> So I'm thinking of putting JCR-RMI on a maintenance track for old 1.x
> releases, and perhaps even dropping the RMI layer entirely from
> Jackrabbit 2.0.

A better alternative seems to be to upgrade the JCR-RMI layer to JCR
2.0 and use that in Jackrabbit 2.0. This requires also all clients to
use JCR 2.0, but at least the remoting functionality will still be
there.

Anyone interested in contributing to this? I don't have too many
cycles to work on this right now myself, but I'd be happy to help
anyone who wants to contribute.

BR,

Jukka Zitting