jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Jackrabbit board report draft
Date Mon, 14 Dec 2009 09:29:02 GMT
Hi,

See below for the report that I'll send to the board in a few hours.
I'm sorry for the late warning, but please share any comments or
improvements if you have a chance to look at the draft before noon
(UTC) today.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

----

Apache Jackrabbit is a fully conforming implementation of the Content
Repository for Java Technology API (JCR, specified in JSR 170 and 283).

The Apache Jackrabbit project is in good shape. We have no board-level
issues at this time.

o Releases

  Jackrabbit 2.0 reached beta status with the following releases:

    * Apache Jackrabbit 2.0 alpha11 on September 23rd
    * Apache Jackrabbit 2.0 beta1 on October 30th
    * Apache Jackrabbit 2.0 beta3 on November 25th
    * Apache Jackrabbit 2.0 beta4 on December 12th

  We also made two releases from the old 1.4 maintenance branch:

    * jackrabbit-core 1.4.10 on September 15th
    * jackrabbit-core 1.4.11 on September 23rd

  We made two releases of the Jackrabbit parent POM:

    * org.apache.jackrabbit:jackrabbit:4 on September 14th
    * org.apache.jackrabbit:jackrabbit:5 on October 4th

o Legal

  We're tracking the LEGAL-50 and LEGAL-62 issues for further comments,
  but currently we have no open legal action items.

  We are interested in figuring out how the new trademark policy affects
  our logo, website and releases, and what steps we need to take to meet
  the policy.

o Community / Development

  Jackrabbit participated in the Content Technology track and the NoSQL
  meetup at ApacheCon US 2009.

  The development branch related to database connection pooling has been
  merged back to Jackrabbit trunk and the results are included in the
  Jackrabbit 2.0 beta4 release.

  We've discussed with Apache Sling about taking over some OSGi bundling
  code they've written for Jackrabbit. On the other hand there is some
  code in Jackrabbit that's only being used by Sling and that might end up
  being adopted by them. We're considering making parts of our svn tree
  writable by members of both projects to simplify such cooperation.

o Infrastructure

  We received some spam through Nabble on our dev@ list, and have asked
  Nabble to disable posts through the web interface.

  We reconfigured the Jackrabbit entry on Ohloh to get code statistics
  for the Git mirror at git.apache.org since the svn history seen by Ohloh
  didn't include the time when Jackrabbit was still incubating.